Urban Play Studio (UPS) is a Colorado-based landscape architecture consulting firm established in 2008. The company was founded to create exceptional outdoor play and learning environments to enhance the quality of people’s lives. With a focus on healthy communities and a passion for play, UPS designs spaces for people of all ages and abilities - spaces where people live, work, and play. Whether it’s a social gathering space for a community, adventure play for children, or learning landscapes for students, our belief is that well-designed spaces contribute to healthier, happier communities.
UPS offers design services including master planning, design development and construction documentation, as well as community meeting facilitation, student design workshops, construction cost estimating and grant writing assistance.
Staff is proficient in AutoCAD and several graphic presentation programs for high quality technical and illustrative drawing documents to effectively convey project information and design visioning. References are available upon request.
Learn more about out design services or contact us with any questions about your future projects!
• Parks and recreational facilities
• Neighborhood, community & destination playgrounds
• Universal, inclusive & therapeutic play environments
• Nature-based play and learning environments
• Educational campuses & learning landscapes
• Outdoor classrooms
• Understand the importance of adhering to agency standards, designing for
longevity, and creating maintainable sites to prevent burdening staff & resources
with new facilities.
• Express authentic site character unique to a project highlighting natural, social and
cultural features, while integrating curriculum into outdoor learning.
• Excellent collaborative working relationship with design consultants, government
agencies, user groups, and design review boards to meet expectations & client
• Integration of sustainable and universal design techniques as standard practice for
improved environmental, aesthetic, social, and economic reasons that don’t require
extra project resources or complicated construction.
• Effective communication skills to facilitate public process giving confidence to both
clients and community participants that their input is being heard and considered.